HOW IT WORKS
“Wine lovers rejoice!„
The ridiculously cool Coravin System can provide a glass of wine from a bottle without ever actually popping the cork, preserving the freshness of the vessel with zero hassle.
“The point of the Coravin isn’t that it extracts wine…„
[it’s] what happens to the wine left in the bottle, which is, as far as the most sophisticated palates in the world can tell, nothing.
“I've never written a product review on Vinography„
because I've never met a wine accessory that was worth writing about. But there's a first time for everything, apparently.
Each Coravin™ Wine Access System is elegantly designed and engineered with precision to deliver consistent quality that will allow you to pour and enjoy your favorite wines for years to come.
Use the arrows to learn more about all of the features of the Coravin 1000
WINE ACCESS NEEDLE
- Non-coring, medical grade needle - accesses wine without disrupting or damaging the cork, allowing it to reseal and continue protecting the wine.
- Teflon™ coating - helps the needle glide smoothly through foil and cork.
- Durable construction - ensures that the needle will withstand hundreds of insertions through the cork.
- Textured grip - allows for quick and safe removal and replacement of the needle.
- Argon gas - protects the remaining wine from oxidation. Argon is an inert gas that is regularly used during the wine making process, does not react with wine, and has no effect on the taste profile of wine.
- Proprietary cap - creates a perfect seal within the system so that even months after initial use, no gas will escape.
- Multi-glass capacity - allows you to pour up to fifteen 5 oz/ 15 ml glasses of wine per capsule.
- Wine-on-release trigger - press the trigger to pressurizes the bottle with argon gas, release the trigger and the wine to pours out.
- Ergonomic handle - allows you to easily operate the Coravin 1000 with one hand, while using the other to hold the bottle.
- Angled spout - directs the flow of wine for a clean and even pour.
- High tension spring - provides the clamp a strong secure hold on the bottle, ensuring that the Coravin 1000 remains stable while pouring.
- Adjustable width - fits on standard bottles in a variety of sizes.
- Angled arms - stabilize the Coravin 1000 so that it conveniently stands on its own when not in use.
Height: 8.8 " Width: 2.9 " Length: 3.8 " Weight: 1.07 lbs (with capsule installed)
One year limited warranty. Click here for more details. →
- Coravin 1000 (Standard Needle included)
- Two (2) Coravin™ Capsules (pressurized argon gas)
- Coravin Wine Bottle Sleeve
- Storage Base
- Needle Clearing Tool
Device: Stainless steel, zinc, black ABS plastic, mixed polycarbonate, fiberglass reinforced nylon Capsules: Capsule - recyclable steel; seal - synthetic rubber; Cap - fiberglass reinforced nylon Needle: Needle - Teflon® coated, stainless steel; grip - ABS plastic; seal - synthetic rubber Base: Zinc, ABS plastic, silicone rubber
Each Coravin Capsule will allow you to pour up to fifteen 5 ounce glasses of wine.
On average, a 5 ounce pour of wine with a standard needle will take 21 to 25 seconds.
4.6 out of 5 Stars
AmazingYou will be amazed. I was a wine producer and lived in Italy and France long enough to appreciate a real good wine. However, as a sportsmen I need to limit myself and this item... Just works. What else do you want it to do? :)
Markus Detroit, Michigan & Newbury, England
Love it!So I work in the US and have a home in England, where my wife and children are based, so naturally I have two Coravin Systems but both for different reasons......
For myself I love to cook and have a passion for wine, so often I will cook a couple of courses a night for myself and then share it in the office the following day, and so one variety is not enough...and now I am able to try different wines without opening two or three bottles.....so this fits with me perfectly..... :)
My wife on the other hand loves wine but will only indulge in a single glass a night and invariably will take one of my wines from the cellar which are not inexpensive and then not have the rest of the bottle - so the Coravin system enables her to do this too.
So two very different uses for the system and it works a real treat.
I promote this to all and sundry too and have gifted one as well - it makes a great present for that special birthday or event for those that have everything.
Don Arroyo Grande, CA
Mea CulpaMy earlier comment about a cork taste was in error, because I now realize the needle is blunt tipped with liquid holes just back of the tip, so no cork can enter.
read more reviews
Share Your Coravin Experience #Coravin on instagram
How does the Coravin System differ from wine preservation systems?
Coravin is a wine access system. Unlike preservation systems, which require the cork to be pulled and allow oxygen to enter the bottle, Coravin leaves the cork in place to continue protecting the wine, allowing you to pour from same bottle weeks or months later.
What types of bottle closures are best suited for my Coravin System?
Your Coravin System will work best with natural cork closures, including closures made of agglomerated or twin-top cork which will reseal after use. You can pour wine closed with synthetic corks, but this type of closure does not reseal, and oxidation will occur after some time. After accessing a bottle with a synthetic cork, be sure to store the bottle upright as it will leak if stored on its side. Do not use the Coravin 1000 with metal, glass and screw top closures as they may damage the needle.
Can I fly with my Coravin System?
The Coravin 1000 is fine for air travel in the United States without Coravin Capsules, due to TSA restrictions on pressurized containers. Restrictions vary by country. However, Coravin Capsules can be ordered from www.coravin.com for shipment directly to your destination.
How should I store the bottles that I have accessed?
We recommend that you store accessed bottles horizontally so that the bottom of the cork is covered by the remaining wine in the bottle. This is to ensure that the cork does not dry out. The cork in a bottle of chilled wine will reseal a bit slower and the bottle should be kept standing until the cork has resealed.
What kind of bottles can I access with my Coravin?
The Coravin 1000 Wine Access System should be used with standard cylindrical shaped wine bottles (e.g. Bordeaux, Burgundy or Riesling). Do not use the Coravin 1000 on bottles containing sparkling wine or Champagne. Do not use the Coravin System on any bottle that is damaged or flawed, irregularly shaped, flat-sided, hand-blown, or etched, as these bottles may break when pressurized with the Coravin System.
Is there anything I need to do before using my Coravin System?
Before using your Coravin System, perform a visual inspection of the wine bottle you plan to access. If you notice any signs of damage or flaws (e.g. cracked, crushed, or chipped; or containing white glass inclusions, indicating un-melted glass.), then do not use the Coravin System on that bottle.
Always be sure to use a Coravin Wine Bottle Sleeve when accessing with the Coravin System.
Before inserting the Wine Access Needle into the bottle, quickly press the trigger to clear the system of any excess oxygen or wine.
*Get a Free 3 pk of Coravin Capsules with the purchase of Coravin 1000. Offer is available for limited time only. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Offer valid only towards purchased made on Coravin.com. For international offers, standard duties and customs will still be applied to total purchase value.