HOW IT WORKS
“Wine lovers rejoice!„
The ridiculously cool Coravin System can provide a glass of wine from a bottle without ever actually popping the cork, preserving the freshness of the vessel with zero hassle.
“I've never written a product review on Vinography„
because I've never met a wine accessory that was worth writing about. But there's a first time for everything, apparently.
“The results were indisputable:„
Tasters found the wines we poured from Coravin, which had been open for a month, just as good as wine from freshly opened bottles.
Each Coravin™ Wine Access System is elegantly designed and engineered with precision to deliver consistent quality that will allow you to pour and enjoy your favorite wines for years to come.
Use the arrows to learn more about all of the features of the Coravin 1000
WINE ACCESS NEEDLE
- Non-coring, medical grade needle - accesses wine without disrupting or damaging the cork, allowing it to reseal and continue protecting the wine.
- Teflon™ coating - helps the needle glide smoothly through foil and cork.
- Durable construction - ensures that the needle will withstand hundreds of insertions through the cork.
- Textured grip - allows for quick and safe removal and replacement of the needle.
- Argon gas - protects the remaining wine from oxidation. Argon is an inert gas that is regularly used during the wine making process, does not react with wine, and has no effect on the taste profile of wine.
- Proprietary cap - creates a perfect seal within the system so that even months after initial use, no gas will escape.
- Multi-glass capacity - allows you to pour up to fifteen 5 oz/ 15 ml glasses of wine per capsule.
- Wine-on-release trigger - press the trigger to pressurizes the bottle with argon gas, release the trigger and the wine to pours out.
- Ergonomic handle - allows you to easily operate the Coravin 1000 with one hand, while using the other to hold the bottle.
- Angled spout - directs the flow of wine for a clean and even pour.
- High tension spring - provides the clamp a strong secure hold on the bottle, ensuring that the Coravin 1000 remains stable while pouring.
- Adjustable width - fits on standard bottles in a variety of sizes.
- Angled arms - stabilize the Coravin 1000 so that it conveniently stands on its own when not in use.
Height: 8.8 " Width: 2.9 " Length: 3.8 " Weight: 1.07 lbs (with capsule installed)
One year limited warranty. Click here for more details. →
- Coravin 1000 (Standard Needle included)
- Two (2) Coravin™ Capsules (pressurized argon gas)
- Coravin Wine Bottle Sleeve
- Storage Base
- Needle Clearing Tool
Device: Stainless steel, zinc, black ABS plastic, mixed polycarbonate, fiberglass reinforced nylon Capsules: Capsule - recyclable steel; seal - synthetic rubber; Cap - fiberglass reinforced nylon Needle: Needle - Teflon™ coated, stainless steel; grip - ABS plastic; seal - synthetic rubber Base: Zinc, ABS plastic, silicone rubber
Each Coravin Capsule will allow you to pour up to fifteen 5 ounce glasses of wine.
On average, a 5 ounce pour of wine with a standard needle will take 21 to 25 seconds.
5 out of 5 Stars
wineabit Oxford, MI
Fantastic!!I can't find anything bad about this product. My daughter/son inlaw got this for me for my birthday and I love it!! Save tons of money not wasting any wine ever again....great product. Wish I had invented it!!!
Jeff in VA Fairfax, VA
Great technologyI have been delighted with my Coravin. It is a beautifully designed piece that works smoothly and flawlessly. The wines I have accessed have not changed from one pour to another. The ability to have a single glass of a good wine without ruining the rest of the bottle or being forced to over drink is great.
steve London UK
Great gadgetMy liver is extremely grateful to this wonderful device. Now my wife and I can crack open a great bottle of wine and I don't have to drink 80% of it at one sitting! Wine now lasts us weeks so we can have a range of wines going at the same time without throwing anything away.
read more reviews
Share Your Coravin Experience#Coravin on instagram
How does the Coravin System differ from wine preservation systems?
Coravin is a wine access system. Unlike preservation systems, which require the cork to be pulled and allow oxygen to enter the bottle, Coravin leaves the cork in place to continue protecting the wine, allowing you to pour from same bottle weeks or months later.
What types of bottle closures are best suited for my Coravin System?
Your Coravin System will work best with natural cork closures, including closures made of agglomerated or twin-top cork which will reseal after use. You can pour wine closed with synthetic corks, but this type of closure does not reseal, and oxidation will occur after some time. After accessing a bottle with a synthetic cork, be sure to store the bottle upright as it will leak if stored on its side. Do not use the Coravin 1000 with metal, glass and screw top closures as they may damage the needle.
Can I fly with my Coravin System?
The Coravin 1000 is fine for air travel in the United States without Coravin Capsules, due to TSA restrictions on pressurized containers. Restrictions vary by country. However, Coravin Capsules can be ordered from www.coravin.com for shipment directly to your destination.
How should I store the bottles that I have accessed?
We recommend that you store accessed bottles horizontally so that the bottom of the cork is covered by the remaining wine in the bottle. This is to ensure that the cork does not dry out. The cork in a bottle of chilled wine will reseal a bit slower and the bottle should be kept standing until the cork has resealed.
What kind of bottles can I access with my Coravin?
The Coravin 1000 Wine Access System should be used with standard cylindrical shaped wine bottles (e.g. Bordeaux, Burgundy or Riesling). Do not use the Coravin 1000 on bottles containing sparkling wine or Champagne. Do not use the Coravin System on any bottle that is damaged or flawed, irregularly shaped, flat-sided, hand-blown, or etched, as these bottles may break when pressurized with the Coravin System.
Is there anything I need to do before using my Coravin System?
Before using your Coravin System, perform a visual inspection of the wine bottle you plan to access. If you notice any signs of damage or flaws (e.g. cracked, crushed, or chipped; or containing white glass inclusions, indicating un-melted glass.), then do not use the Coravin System on that bottle.
Always be sure to use a Coravin Wine Bottle Sleeve when accessing with the Coravin System.
Before inserting the Wine Access Needle into the bottle, quickly press the trigger to clear the system of any excess oxygen or wine.
* LIMITED TIME OFFER
Free Vintage Needle Offer valid through September 18, 2014. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases, and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Offer valid towards purchased made on Coravin.com only. For international orders, standard duties and customs will still be applied to total purchase value.